It’s very important to keep good oral health. There are a whole lot of incorrect beliefs and practices associated with oral and dental health that has a negative impact on dental health.
A Number of these erroneous beliefs:
1) Many consider that it is better to clean their teeth using a hard brush rather than a soft brush. That is wrong since the use of hard brush contributes to the erosion of teeth enamel in the necks of their teeth and leading in the roughness of the surface of the teeth as well as exposure of the sensitive layer of the teeth and receding gums form the roots. It’s better to use a soft brush and toothpaste and also adhere to a wonderfully healthy way to clean your teeth.
Two ) Many believe that if you note bleeding gums while brushing your teeth, the teeth should not be cleaned. That is wrong because the bleeding gums is the very first sign of inflammation caused by inadequate cleaning. And should you refrain from brushing your teeth that will leads to the accumulation of germ layer and, consequently, more illnesses and scents. You should visit your dentist to avoid the corrosion of your gums situation.
3) Many consider that the non-replacement of missing teeth does not influence the rest of the teeth or oral health. That is incorrect because leaving the distance created by the extraction leads to a failure of occlusion and the movement of the adjoining and the opposed teeth to fill the space which causes the periodontal pockets, spaces between teeth, the forward motion of the front tooth and sore jaw joint. You have to replace your missing teeth as soon as you can in order to avoid these effects.
4) Many believe that the use of teeth to open cans of soft drinks or split the tough things is a testament to its strength and hardness. That is incorrect because the use of teeth for these purposes, lead to cracks in the enamel and exposure, which raises the likelihood of your teeth to be chipped or chipped or even lose them, particularly if the teeth have been coated with implants or porcelain object, or gets root canal therapy thereby increasing their exposure to break.
5) Many believe that the use of teeth-whitening products sold in the shops save money and effort. These products might result in some teeth whitening but their effectiveness will not reach up to all those used by dentists because the products sold in stores has reduced concentrations so as to prevent damage from misuse by the user. Thus, teeth whitening when performed from the physician gives better results and it is quite a bit faster, particularly using laser plasma or light. It is also safer and the colour caused by the bleaching is much better and lasts longer.
6) Many consider that leaving a jar of breast-feeding at the child mouth during sleep has a calming influence on the kid. That is incorrect, the issue is that nearly all milk products include sugars which cause tooth decay, also to possess the teeth immersed in milk for lengthy stretches of time that will expose it to germs and consequently decay. The procedure for sucking for a long time may reflect effects on the development of the upper jaw.
7) Many consider that wooden rods are useful to wash food from between the teeth. That is incorrect; the bad use of wooden rods leads to erosion of their teeth and hurt gums. The wooden sticks shouldn’t be used in case of the teeth in contact and gums fill the distance between them. In the event of spaces involving the teeth or teeth, you can then make use of the wooden sticks, but with caution, differently dental floss has to be used to clean out the spaces between the teeth. antigonish dentist
8) Many believe it is normal for the pregnant woman to lose one of her teeth with the arrival of every child. That is incorrect, the reversal of hormones during pregnancy may make the gums and teeth more susceptible to infections and tooth decay. If the pregnant woman teeth and gum are healthy and do not suffer from illnesses, or decay, she will not experience problems during pregnancy. So, the woman who’s likely to have kids should take care of the health of her teeth, get them cleaned occasionally at the doctor office before pregnancy. The various hormones in that interval may worsen the gingival inflammation, increasing the possibility of teeth loss. She must also eat healthy food during pregnancy and choose the vitamins essential to keep the necessary calcium amount for healthy teeth and bones.
9) Many consider that the deciduous teeth (baby teeth) don’t need to be cleaned or checked at the dentist since it will be replaced by permanent teeth. That is incorrect; the tooth must be cleaned and checked periodically at the dentist between the age of two and five. You should encourage children to clean their teeth from a young age, cleaning method at this point doesn’t matter, what’s most important is for your child to get used to the usage of a toothbrush. With the rise of kid the family should make an effort to correct the child cleaning method, but it should be done gradually, it is normal that the child swallows a small amount of toothpaste; thus, specific toothpaste for children should be used since they contain less fluoride and doesn’t pose a threat to child health.
Neglect of these things will cause tooth decay and result in abscesses and infections in tooth nerves, causing the child pain and problems that might have been avoided easily. The early loss of deciduous teeth cause an imbalance in the chewing and affect the correct pronunciation, and contribute to the loss of spaces for the growth of permanent teeth and result in overlapping and competing with all the permanent teeth.
To maintain healthy teeth you should visit your dentist every six weeks to test gums, teeth, and make your teeth cleaned when needed with fluoride program to enlarge your teeth resistance to decay as your teeth are created to stay for life.